Friday, March 25, 2005

Prelude

I first picked up The Furies since it was a Sandman spin of. The artwork was stunning though the surprise was the storyline. It was the first Mike Carey story i had read and because this story line was great i looked up his other works and found Lucifer. I recalled that my friend AD had said that Lucifer was amazing but with a title like that i wasnt inclined to pick up the book or indeed find out more about it. I picked up Devil In Gateway and i was not overly impressed though every review in amazon seemed to insist that the rest of stories are better (there were 4 volumes collected when i started reading). So i took a chance and bought Childrens and Monsters . After reading it, i sat down and read it again. It was years since i had actually reread a book immediately after reading it ( i think the last was The Killing Joke) and i have subsequently bought every Lucifer except for Nirvana which i missed and which seems to be out of print and unavailable. I have also picked up Carey's other works (Inferno,My Faith in Frankie) and i hope to pick up whatever else he writes if can get my hands on them except his works for Marvel.
What follows in this blog is my thoughts on each issue the series as a whole and anything else that i feel is related (like Mike Carey's other works). For more definite Lucifer information the Sites are Matt Peckhams excellent site and the Vertigo section of DC Comics
It may take a while to get started though as my collection has been hijacked by a friend!

No comments: